Technical Consultant 19 views
Be part of our international team, apply today and join our award-winning Fortune 500® company!
An opportunity has arisen for a Technical Consultant to join our Digital Modernization team in Nicosia, Cyprus.
The Technical Consultant provides the technical direction of the assigned work components for a product, platform or project, negotiates with stakeholders to determine scope and budget of work activities which advance business objectives and client needs, builds and maintains customer relationships.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinates and/or provides technical direction and support to multiple work teams regarding multiple work components for a product, platform, or project solving complex issues with diverse scopes. Work initiatives include solution design, problem resolution and management, application maintenance, project requests and system enhancements. Work initiatives pose more risk to the organization regarding impacts to other critical work streams, and involves more complex system integration efforts and requires more specialization of knowledge of multiple components.
- Is the primary technical escalation point of contact for the management of project systems issues that require in-depth evaluation of variable factors and/or multiple components. Uses independent judgment to resolve varied and complex issues based on specialized experience and knowledge.
- Assumes project management role and/or Subject Matter Expert and is recognized as technical authority. Consults regarding possible software solutions using a wide-range of specialized experiences, professional concepts, and company objectives to resolve complex issues involving multiple components in a creative and effective way.
- Participates in client facing meetings, joint venture discussions, vendor partnerships, client and internal development team working solutions to determine solution approaches.
- Interacts with a diverse range of leaders, including senior management or possibly executive leadership and clients.
- Tracks assigned tasks for component(s) to keep on schedule and to recommend adjustments to resource allocation based on work prioritization. Provides the work initiative’s Project Manager with input for status reporting.
- Reviews deliverables for content, accuracy, and potential system impacts for assigned tasks. Reviews deliverables for alignment with objectives and provides feedback and recommendations.
- Provides training to help team members increase their effectiveness.
The successful candidate should have the following experience and skills:
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject such as Computer Science, MIS, or related work experience / SME knowledge in lieu of a degree
- Coding, Designing and Developing experience
- Expert technical knowledge – database or other technologies used by the application he/she is leading, e.g. Oracle, Web, Java; PCI certifications; Database Development skills in Oracle 10g/11g PL/SQL; Database Administration skills in Oracle 10g/11g; C, C++, ANSI C; VB.NET, ASP.NET and Microsoft Visual Studio; UNIX/Linux Operating Systems
- Flexibility to work as part of a rotational 24 hour on-call programme
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills.
TSYS offers structured career development, supported by training that provides the opportunity to learn and develop.
In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll have access to an excellent benefits package, including:
- Private medical insurance for you and your family, non-contributory, in and out patient cover
- A well-established, strong provident fund
- Life insurance (3x base salary)
- 21.5 days’ holiday, plus 14 public / bank holidays
- Wellbeing initiatives with access to support services
- On-site subsidized canteen & barista
- Modern offices opposite the Mall of Cyprus with gym and showers, games room (pool table, table tennis, darts, table football, play station) & prayer/meditation room
- Store discounts
- Regular social events and charitable initiatives to give back to our community.
To apply for this position, please visit our website www.globalpayments.com/about-us/careers and apply through the online system. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.