Software Engineer Senior 112 views
Be part of our team, whether you are starting your career or looking for professional growth, apply today and join our award-winning Fortune 500® company!
An opportunity has arisen for an SQL Software Engineer to join our PRIME Technology team in Nicosia. The successful candidate will work as part of the Core team, which is responsible for enhancing and maintaining the company’s products. They will be involved in the development and testing of software and products, liaising with internal clients such as QA and Documentation teams, through the complete quarterly release cycle.
Essential requirements for the role:
- Advanced knowledge of Database Concepts
- Advanced working knowledge of Database Development skills in SQL, Oracle PL/SQL
- Basic working knowledge of Database Administration skills in Oracle
- Basic knowledge of Java programming
Desired Requirements for the role:
- 3 Years of working experience in SQL
- 2 Years of experience in Java
- Development experience in large enterprise-based system
- Software development experience in Payment Systems industry or related systems will be considered an advantage.
- Basic knowledge of Linux operating system
The successful candidate should also have the following experience and skills:
- Educated to degree level (e.g. BSc, MSc, MCA, BCA, B Tech) in an IT related subject such as Computer Science or MIS
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely and to interact with both Business and IT partners to define, understand and evaluate business requirements and resolve production issues.
- Good time management skills, able to prioritise and progress several lines of work.
- Effective problem solving abilities with a logical, pragmatic and structured approach to delivery.
- A self-starter, pro-active and able to operate under their own initiative.
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal and relationship skills necessary to work with an integrated software development team.
- Flexibility to work as part of a rotational 24 hour on-call programme.
- Flexibility to travel to a client or inhouse premises and undertake payment scheme certifications, onsite installation and client training, user acceptance testing support.
TSYS offers structured career development, supported by training that provides the opportunity to learn and develop.
In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll have access to an excellent benefits package, including:
- Private medical insurance for you and your family, non-contributory, in and out patient cover
- A well-established, strong provident fund
- Life insurance (3x base salary)
- 5 days’ holiday, plus 14 public / bank holidays
- Flexible working (hybrid model – part from home, part from office)
- Wellbeing initiatives with access to support services
- On-site subsidized canteen & barista
- Modern offices opposite the Mall of Cyprus with gym and showers, games room (pool table, table tennis, darts, table football, play station) & prayer/meditation room
- Store discounts
- Regular social events and charitable initiatives to give back to our community.
To apply for this position, please visit our website www.globalpayments.com/about-us/careers and apply through the online system. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.