Software Engineer Lead/ Consultant 66 views
Be part of our international team, apply today and join our award-winning Fortune 500® company!
An opportunity has arisen for a Software Engineer Lead/ Consultant to join our Prime Processing team in Nicosia.
Our Software Engineers will be responsible for hands-on coding, debugging, maintaining, supporting, implementing and validating applications whilst collaborating and communicating with appropriate parties. They will further maintain and utilise application and programming documents in the development of code, recommend changes in development, maintenance and system standards, and create appropriate deliverables and develop application implementation plans throughout the life cycle.
Key responsibilities include:
- Report to the product owner and assist in the agile sprint planning
- Lead the scrum team in using scrum practices
- Helping the product owner and development team to achieve targets
- Remove impediments and coach the team on removing impediments
- Enhance the application for the adoption of new technologies
- Assist in the recruitment of new team members and be part of the new recruit training and mentoring process
- Writing technical solutions and converting business requirements into technical specifications.
The successful candidate should have the following experience and skills:
- 6+ years’ experience with hands-on software developing and testing
- Experience in leading a team and / or complex project activities
- Very good experience with Oracle 19C database and Oracle PL/SQL is considered a must
- Good Experience with either C, and/or Java
- Very good experience with agile methodologies
- Performs and advises on testing, validation requirements, and suggests corrective measures for code deficiencies and provides systemic proposals
- Experience with CI/CD in SDLC
- Experience with AWS Services or AWS Certification(s)
- Experience with Containers or relevant Certification(s)
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Willingness to adapt to change
- Experience writing technical solutions and converting business requirements into technical specifications
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject such as Software Engineering
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- Flexibility to work as part of a rotational 24 hour on-call programme
- Able to work on occasional shift hours to meet team’s needs.
Good to have:
- Minimum 5 years with knowledge of TSPRIME / PRIME 4.
TSYS offers structured career development, supported by training that provides the opportunity to learn and develop.
In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll have access to an excellent benefits package, including:
- Private medical insurance for you and your family, non-contributory, in and out patient cover
- A well-established, strong provident fund
- Life insurance (3x base salary)
- 21.5 days’ holiday, plus 14 public / bank holidays
- Wellbeing initiatives with access to support services
- On-site subsidized canteen & barista
- Modern offices opposite the Mall of Cyprus with gym and showers, games room (pool table, table tennis, darts, table football, play station) & prayer/meditation room
- Store discounts
- Regular social events and charitable initiatives to give back to our community.
To apply for this position, please visit our website www.globalpayments.com/about-us/careers and apply through the online system. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.