Senior Systems Engineer 92 views
Simplex, Cyprus leading data center operator and an enterprise IT integrator, seeks to recruit a Senior Systems Engineer.
Company & Job Description
Established in 2005, Simplex a multi-award winning technology company, is Cyprus’ leading provider of world-class premium carrier-neutral data center services and a leading enterprise IT integrator. All services of the company are ISO 9001, ISO 27001 and ISO14001 certified, demonstrating the company’s commitment to quality, security and environmental sustainability.
Through its complete product and services portfolio and partnerships with leading vendors, the company is a single point of contact for enterprises globally that have trusted their ICT operations to Simplex.
We are in search of an all-rounder Systems/Network engineer with experience in enterprise technologies including among others servers and storage systems, networks, virtualization, Windows server and Linux operating systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for the design, implementation, management and support of in-house and client infrastructure solutions.
At Simplex, you will be part of a diverse, skilled and collaborative team, working in a dynamic, challenging and results oriented environment. With innovation and continuous improvement being part of our culture, it is essential for the successful candidate to be passionate about technology and keep an eye on the technology landscape in order to identify new and relevant technologies that could be adopted for new setups or to improve existing ones.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Design, implement and manage enterprise IT solutions involving servers, storage, networks, virtualization and cloud technologies.
- Manage assigned projects ensuring high quality and timely delivery.
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems and proactively work towards the improvement of designs, processes and systems as well as the automation of frequent tasks/activities.
- Contribute to technical lifecycle projects such as equipment software/firmware upgrades, patch management and equipment replacements/upgrades.
- Provide 2nd level local and remote support to customers using the company’s ticketing support system to effectively keep track, resolve and further escalate issues inline the company’s SLAs
- Ensure adherence to required/committed service levels in terms of availability, reliability, security and scalability as well as corporate and industry standards.
- Engage in pre-sales activities, aiding with technical design and scoping of professional services, and presenting solutions to clients.
- Prepare/maintain technical documentation and participate in relevant audits/assessments.
- Fulfil any other duties relevant to the role assigned by the company’s management.
Qualifications / Experience
- University/college degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant subject
- At least 5 years working experience in a similar position
- Extensive experience working with Microsoft on-premises and cloud technologies such as Hyper-V, Windows Server 2016 or newer (Active Directory, GPOs, DHCP, WSUS), Office 365, etc.
- Excellent knowledge/prior experience of troubleshooting networking protocols and technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, routing, VLANs, QoS and other key mainstream protocols), at least to Cisco CCNA level.
- Excellent knowledge of VMWare virtualization technologies including ESXi, vCenter and ideally, VDI as well as Veeam availability and monitoring solutions
- Strong knowledge of Linux and hosting technologies e.g. Apache, MySQL, Postfix, Dovecot etc.
- Experience/knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications solutions and VoIP in general will be considered an advantage
- Previous experience with SAN storage technologies, security products/solutions and network monitoring solutions will be considered an advantage
- Active certifications in any of the required technology areas will be considered as an advantage
Personal characteristics and other skills required
- Good interpersonal and communicational skills in English, both verbal and writing.
- Multi-tasking with ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines while handling multiple priorities and without compromise on quality of work and service levels.
- Self-initiative, self-motivation, self-discipline, dependability and commitment.
- Team player.
- Strong analytical thinking and excellent problem-solving capabilities.
- Adaptable and quick learner.
Our aim is to attract, develop and retain only the best and as such we offer an attractive and competitive remuneration package along with an engaging career and excellent prospects for growth in an expanding organization.
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com or visit https://www.simplex.com.cy/careers/30-SYMNETEN-LIM-LCA to apply online.