Scrum Master/IT Project Manager 9 views
Be part of our international team, apply today and join our award-winning Fortune 500® company!
An opportunity has arisen for a Scrum Master/IT Project Manager to join our Product Development & Modernization team in Nicosia.
The successful candidate will lead cross-functional teams to provide agile-based project deliverables and facilitate the teams’ work to accelerate delivery of business value by ensuring adherence to Scrum methodologies and processes. The Scrum Master will facilitate communication, remove impediments, and serve as the intermediary between multiple product owners, managers, and team members. The Scrum Master will also facilitate the project team through the Scrum process of Release Planning, Sprint Planning for multiple product owners, Daily Scrums, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives in a fast paced environment with competing priorities and set the example for Agile methods based upon the designated principles ensuring they are understood and exercised consistently within the team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Facilitate the Scrum process to include Daily Scrum Stand-up meetings, Sprint Planning, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives. Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency and radiating information. Provide updates on the team’s status and remove impediments to increase the probability of success in each Sprint. Create a team environment by establishing trust and transparency through collaboration & communication
- Administer the day to day progress of Agile. Use a collaborative approach while driving decisions. Hold team accountable to ensure they are successfully collaborating and adapting to project and cultural shifts; encourage discussion and conflict resolution. Initiate, build and maintain positive relationships with IT and internal customers to help facilitate effective completion of project work
- Build understanding of Agile foundation and processes. Assist with prioritization and identifying defects
- Promote and participate in the continuous improvement of structure, processes and tooling to enable the teams to deliver increased value. Adopt an understanding of the overall business and of the business and technical terms presented
- Develop and use analytical and problem resolution skills to identify difficult sources of impediments.
- Educated to degree level in a related field of study such as Computer Science, MIS, Business, or Finance. Additional related TSYS experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Typically minimum 2 years relevant experience
- Project management experience preferably within an established IT project management office or serving as a project manager for an Information Technology department. Experience within other areas of IT may be considered.
- Typically minimum 4 years relevant experience
- Previous Agile experience with some working knowledge of Agile approaches, tools and techniques
- Certified Scrum Master and other Agile project management Certifications (CSM, SAFe, PMI-ACP).
- Logical thinker with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong ability to learn new technologies and positively handle situations / tasks of wide-ranging complexity and risk
- Flexibility to travel as required is a must
- Flexibility to work out of hours with clients and teams in different time zones when required
- PC skills including MS Office and MS Project
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills.
TSYS offers structured career development, supported by training that provides the opportunity to learn and develop.
In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll have access to an excellent benefits package, including:
- Private medical insurance for you and your family, non-contributory, in and out patient cover
- A well-established, strong provident fund
- Life insurance (3x base salary)
- 21.5 days’ holiday, plus 14 public / bank holidays
- Flexible working (hybrid model – part from home, part from office)
- Wellbeing initiatives with access to support services
- On-site subsidized canteen & barista
- Modern offices opposite the Mall of Cyprus with gym and showers, games room (pool table, table tennis, darts, table football, play station) & prayer/meditation room
- Store discounts
- Regular social events and charitable initiatives to give back to our community.
To apply for this position, please visit our website www.globalpayments.com/about-us/careers and apply through the online system. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.