Product Owner, Data Engineering 68 views
Product Owner, Data Engineering
A great opportunity has arisen to work with the Data Engineering team and help us achieve our mission to deliver the data products. You will have a critical role working with our stakeholders to understand their requirements and priorities and use your experience as a Product Owner to translate these requirements into user stories for the Data Engineers. The successful candidate will serve as a passionate advocate for the team and will drive the deliverables to completion. Completion means more than code complete – your definition of done always considers the actual go-live.
To successfully deliver change in a fast paced working environment you will need to:
- Collaborate closely with our leadership, sales, and client teams to pinpoint opportunities
- Act independently in determining methods and procedures for alignment to product strategy
- Develop a deep understanding of current and future needs of our stakeholders
- Facilitates product scenario, epic, and solution requirements sessions for product enhancements. Actively participates in design review and product demo sessions
- Drives effective release priority communications to ensure that all appropriate internal teams have visibility to the contents of critical commitments in the releases
- Work in close collaboration with the Data Engineering Director to execute on our long term roadmap
- Diligently gather requirements and capture as user stories that can be executed
- Proficiently capture and summarize stakeholder needs and goals in clear and concise themes, epics, and user stories
- Maintain the user stories in a prioritized backlog and effectively divide overall project goals into prioritized deliverables for sequential and focused progress
- Work collaboratively with a delivery team of Data Engineers to design and deliver products that provide the strategic advantage for the business
- Be accountable for the end-to-end delivery of your product
- Collaborate with the stakeholders on product launch communication, training and enablement and ongoing product adoption tactics
- Provide ongoing support to stakeholders and end users of our data products
- Demo your work for colleagues and members of the business team.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience as a Product Owner or similar position preferably in an Agile (Scrum) environment
- Proven experience of working effectively with diverse stakeholders
- Experience using Confluence or similar tool for requirements capturing
- Experience using JIRA or other user story and task management tool
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational & time management skills
- Experience working with distributed teams across multiple time zones
- Self-starter with a growth mindset
- Has broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to the development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Ability to act independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
TSYS offers structured career development, supported by training that provides the opportunity to learn and develop.
In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll have access to an excellent benefits package, including:
- Private medical insurance for you and your family, non-contributory, in and out patient cover
- A well-established, strong provident fund
- Life insurance (3x base salary)
- 5 days’ holiday, plus 14 public / bank holidays
- Flexible working (hybrid model – part from home, part from office)
- Wellbeing initiatives with access to support services
- On-site subsidized canteen & barista
- Modern offices opposite the Mall of Cyprus with gym and showers, games room (pool table, table tennis, darts, table football, playstation) & prayer/meditation room
- Store discounts
- Regular social events and charitable initiatives to give back to our community.
To apply for this position, please visit our website www.tsys.com/careers and apply through the online system. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.