Junior Software Engineer (Atlassian DevOps) 55 views
Junior Software Engineer (Atlassian DevOps)
An opportunity has arisen for a Junior Software Engineer to join our international team in Nicosia, Cyprus as an Atlassian DevOps Engineer. Use of the Atlassian toolchain is continually expanding to support our scaled agile development model across all our teams.
The Atlassian DevOps Engineer will be responsible for coding, debugging, maintaining, supporting, implementing, and validating applications whilst collaborating and communicating with appropriate parties. S/he will further maintain and utilise application and programming documents in the development of code, recommend changes in development, maintenance, and system standards, and create appropriate deliverables and develop application implementation plans throughout the life cycle.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing code for Atlassian suite of tools independently or with support from Team Leader using various tools and owning responsibility for quality assurance of their development
- Solving client software issues and supporting the client software life cycle
- Performing corrective measures for moderately complex code deficiencies and escalating alternative proposals as necessary
- Communicating and enforcing coding standards.
The successful candidate should have the following experience and skills:
- Development skills in Java, C and C++ or any other object-oriented language
- Working knowledge in Atlassian Jira will be considered an advantage
- Administrative skills or experience of Linux operating systems (i.e., Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu)
- A high-level understanding of Agile methodologies (i.e., SAFe)
- Effective communication and relationship skills
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and an ability to identify opportunities for process improvement
- Educated to degree level in a relevant subject such as Software Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, BCA, MCA, B Tech or other technical degree. Experience in lieu of degree will be considered
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills
- Flexibility to work as part of a rotational 24 hour on-call programme.
TSYS offers structured career development, supported by training that provides the opportunity to learn and develop.
In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll have access to an excellent benefits package, including:
- Private medical insurance for you and your family, non-contributory, in and outpatient cover
- A well-established, strong provident fund
- Life insurance (3x base salary)
- 5 days’ holiday, plus 14 public / bank holidays
- Flexible working (hybrid model – part from home, part from office)
- Wellbeing initiatives with access to support services
- On-site subsidised canteen & barista
- Modern offices opposite the Mall of Cyprus with gym and showers, games room (pool table, table tennis, darts, table football, play station) & prayer/meditation room
- Store discounts
- Regular social events and charitable initiatives to give back to our community.
To apply for this position, please visit our website www.globalpayments.com/about-us/careers and apply through the online system. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.