DevOps Engineer – Digital Modernization Engineering DevOps Team 14 views
Be part of our international team, apply today and join our award-winning Fortune 500® company!
An opportunity has arisen for a DevOps Engineer to join our dynamic Digital Modernization Engineering DevOps team in Nicosia.
The candidate will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic team of DevOps and Payment Schemes professionals to support a full-scale production operating cycle. They will be responsible for building and improving our applications, Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment pipelines and other automated processes that have been established by the current team.
Moreover, along with the rest of the DevOps team they will be responsible to design our architecture and define the roadmap and operations of the DevOps team in relation to Kubernetes and clustering for our development and client production infrastructure. The candidate will work on building, scaling, and monitoring the Kubernetes in relation to our applications (PRIME) and making our cluster(s) / containers orchestration highly available. As a DevOps Engineer, they will help us to bring the standardization and scalability of our applications to the next level.
Essential requirements for the role:
- 1+ year in application development role
- Ability to debug complicated script sequences
- Basic understanding of cloud computing (preferably AWS)
- Basic understanding of RestAPIs
- Hands-on experience with the following:
- GIT (either Bitbucket or GitHub)
- Shell scripting (Bash and/or PowerShell).
Nice to have:
- 1+ year in DevOps role
- Knowledge of containerization like Kubernetes, Docker
- Basic understanding of the TLS setup
- Jenkins pipelines / Groovy
- AWS CLI
- AWS Cloud Practitioner or AWS Solutions Architect or Certified Kubernetes Application Developer (CKAD) or Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA)
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code with terraform.
The successful candidate should also have the following experience and skills:
- Educated to degree level (e.g., BSc, MSc, MCA, BCA, B Tech) in an IT related subject such as Computer Science or MIS
- Good communication skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English language, both verbally and in writing, and to interact with both Business and IT partners to define, understand and evaluate business requirements and resolve production issues
- Ability to work competently, accurately, and professionally in a changeable & time critical environment and ultimately meet deadlines
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills – ability to gather and analyze information and draw logical conclusions while identifying the root cause of problems and providing options for resolution. Detail oriented individual. Easily motivated with a solid work ethic
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and provide technical support on system and related technology issues
- Flexibility to work as part of a rotational 24 hour on-call program
- Actively contribute with ideas and suggestions to improve both technical knowledge base and organizational processes.
TSYS offers structured career development, supported by training that provides the opportunity to learn and develop.
In addition to a competitive salary, you’ll have access to an excellent benefits package, including:
- Private medical insurance for you and your family, non-contributory, in and out patient cover
- A well-established, strong provident fund
- Life insurance (3x base salary)
- 5 days’ holiday, plus 14 public / bank holidays
- Flexible working (hybrid model – part from home, part from office)
- Wellbeing initiatives with access to support services
- On-site subsidized canteen & barista
- Modern offices opposite the Mall of Cyprus with gym and showers, games room (pool table, table tennis, darts, table football, play station) & prayer/meditation room
- Store discounts
- Regular social events and charitable initiatives to give back to our community.
To apply for this position, please visit our website www.globalpayments.com/about-us/careers and apply through the online system. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.