Data Protection Officer – Banking Institution – Nicosia, Cyprus 18 views
On behalf of our Client, a Banking Institution in Nicosia, we are currently seeking to recruit a Data Protection Officer.
The Data Protection Officer will be responsible for ensuring compliance with data protection regulations, developing and implementing data protection policies, and advising on all data protection matters within the Bank.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inform and advise the Bank, as well as the Bank’s employees and units (including control units), of their obligations under data protection law and framework.
- Monitor and oversee compliance of the Bank with all legislation in relation to data protection, including in audits, awareness-raising activities as well as training of staff involved in processing operations.
- Provide advice where a Data Protection Impact Assessment has been carried out and monitor its performance.
- Act as a contact point for requests from individuals regarding the processing of their personal data and the exercise of their rights.
- Cooperate with Data Protection Authorities and act as a contact point on issues relating to processing and data protection law and framework.
- Assess the Bank’s cooperation with vendors/counterparties in respect to their processing (if any) of personal data.
- Assist the Bank and provide recommendations for the implementation of technical and organizational measures.
Skills/ Qualifications/ Experience:
- Bachelors and or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Law or related discipline.
- Relevant certifications such as Certified Data Protection Officer, CIPP/E, CIPM, or equivalent certification will be considered an advantage.
- At least 2 years of experience in data protection compliance in the banking or financial services sector.
- Previous experience in legal, audit or risk management roles will be considered an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of laws, regulations and directives (Local and EU) relevant to data protection.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite (Word, Excel and Power Point).
- Excellent knowledge of the Greek and English language both verbal and written.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Resourceful with excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Location: The position is for the Client’s offices in Nicosia, Cyprus.
Remuneration: An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate based to qualifications and experience.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
All Applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.