Actuarial Assistant Manager – Financial Services Company – Nicosia, Cyprus 12 views
On behalf of our Client, a Financial Services Company, we are looking to recruit an Actuarial Assistant Manager for its offices in Nicosia.
The Actuarial Assistant Manager will contribute insurance advice and consulting services to clients such as insurers, banks, regulators, and financial institutions. In addition, the Actuarial Assistant Manager will work on IFRS 17, Assurance, Reserving, Pricing, Risk Modelling and Capital projects across the Non-Life / Life insurance market, as well as multidisciplinary projects around areas such as transaction due diligence, analytics, strategic planning and transformation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and deliver a wide range of concurrent actuarial and multidisciplinary assignments.
- Interact with clients, often as the main point of contact on assignments.
- Work in multidisciplinary teams and with our overseas network or people.
- Have an active role in supporting the strategic management and running of the actuarial practice, e.g. through being involved in developing one of our core product areas such as IFRS 17, risk and capital as well as developing and presenting training programs for graduates and staff.
- Be responsible for leading and developing junior team members through on the job coaching and acting as a career coach and study mentor.
Skills/ Qualifications/ Experience:
- Be a partly-qualified/newly qualified Actuary or have successfully delivered significant actuarial related projects from within the insurance industry.
- Have led actuarial or multidisciplinary projects, being responsible for project management and delivery, including the management, development and growth of staff, delegation of responsibilities and delivering projects to time and budget.
- Good understanding of a broad range of commonly used reserving, pricing and capital modelling techniques, the key actuarially-orientated and regulatory issues faced by the market, and a good working knowledge of one or more of financial reporting, risk and capital, Solvency II, IFRS17 or other related insurance work.
- Experience of implementation of Solvency II or IFRS 17, or related experience, would be a benefit.
- Experience of actuarial / statistical analysis in e.g. R, Python, SAS, VBA, Tableau would be a benefit.
- Be able to communicate complex technical matters in a clear way.
- Wider commercial awareness, including the understanding of wider business issues facing the insurance industry.
The position is for the Client’s offices in Nicosia, Cyprus.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate based to qualifications and experience.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidentiality.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE