View more 4 weeks ago
Risk Manager 55 views
On behalf of our client, a Cyprus Investment Firm, Counsellor is seeking to recruit a Risk Manager. Previous experience in CIF is a must!
- Design, prepare, implement, and monitor risk management policies and procedures (financial, operational, conduct, technology, market, legal, regulatory), including management and testing of the related risk appetite for these areas. Ensuring such policies are successfully cascaded to all team members.
- Assume the role of market surveillance subject matter expert for the CIF, coordinate the periodic refresh of enterprise-wide market surveillance risk assessments, and ensure all new risks are identified and residual risk sits within risk appetite / tolerance.
- Identify and assess all significant risks that the CIF is exposed to, manage and monitor the risk registers for the respective entities, and prepare all the Risk relevant reports as required by the regulators and authorities. Act as the point of contact between the risk function and relevant external vendors, where required, and ensure that the firm maintains accurate, detailed and up to date records across all areas of business.
- Have in-depth knowledge of corporate risk strategy and update the board with the latest local and EU legislation, rules and best practice in regard to risk management, while monitoring the adequacy and effectiveness of the firm’s risk management policies and procedures.
- Review and challenge risk assessments performed by operational units, assess the effectiveness of mitigating controls and observe the firm’s risk exposures including dealing limits.
- Supervise regulatory related reports and submissions, including but not limited to risk management report, COREP forms, Pillar I, Pillar II, and Pillar III. Manage and review the ICAAP process, assess the internal risk regulatory guidelines and verify that the most appropriate KRIs and ‘best practices’ are in place for the firm. Formulate and monitor KPIs and KRIs, ensure risk management related systems and controls are operating as expected, and relevant management information ‘MI’ is available at any time. Assist the finance department in the periodic production of MIFID capital adequacy returns and prepare any written materials related to Risk and Audit Committee ‘RaC’ meetings and Board meetings. Compiling a monthly ‘MAR report’ for the global compliance function – to be presented during Market Surveillance Committee meetings.
- Seek continuous improvement to streamline risk management processes and achieve industry best practice in all related activities. Utilize technology solutions where appropriate and educate team members in understanding the Risk Regulatory Requirement and environment.
- Degree in Finance, Risk Management, Law, Business or any other relevant field.
- Previous experience (>5 years) as a risk manager and domain expert within a comparable environment, having strong knowledge of retail investment products i.e., CFDs, crypto assets, EMI / PSP / card issuing activities.
- Deep understanding of risk and risk management systems, well experienced in execution models and order management systems, vast exposure to trading function, and ideally a deep understanding of trade surveillance typologies.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; be comfortable to communicating with senior management and external advisers. Be able to work independently and as part of the team.
- Experience with market surveillance software applications and proficient of working with 3rd-party market data tools – in particular, Bloomberg.
- CySEC Advanced certificate holder.
- Fluent in English, both oral and written.
- Ability to complete projects and reports on time.
- Analytical thinking and strong attention to details.
This is a full-time role and an attractive remuneration package with benefits will be offered to the successful candidate according to experience.
Please send your Cover Letter and CV to email address: email@example.com
with subject: Candidate (name / surname) for Risk Manager.
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Only successful candidates will be contacted; therefore, we thank you in advance.