Regulatory Compliance Officer – Banking Institution – Nicosia, Cyprus 34 views
On behalf of our Client, a Banking Institution in Nicosia, we are currently seeking to recruit a professional for the position of Regulatory Compliance Officer at Compliance Department.
The Regulatory Compliance Officer is responsible for monitoring the regulatory developments and to ensuring the Bank’s compliance with the various regulatory requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provision of advice to the Bank’s Business Units regarding the appropriateness and adequacy of the policies and procedures with respect to the compliance with new/amended regulatory provisions.
- Conduct of periodic on-site reviews of the Bank’s Business Units in order to test and assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the procedures and controls in place for the identification, measurement and management of compliance risk.
- Participation in the Compliance Risk Assessment exercise.
- Review of Compliance policies and procedures.
- Undertaking in cooperation with various Units/Divisions of the Bank, the implementation of various projects to address new regulatory requirements
- Assist in the preparation of any reports/presentations that may be required from the Audit Committee, the ExCo, the Central Bank of Cyprus, Group Compliance or other appropriate body.
- Monitor the adherence of members of staff to the provisions of the Bank’s Code of Conduct for fraud prevention.
- Preparation for audits in the activities of the Compliance Department
Skills/ Qualifications/ Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Law or a related degree
- ACA / ACCA Qualification will be considered as an advantage
- At least 2 years’ experience in the banking or financial industry
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office software
- Fluent in both Greek and English
- Strong analytical skills and attentive to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure meeting tight deadlines
- Good knowledge of the Bank’s products and services
Location: The position is for the Client’s offices in Nicosia, Cyprus.
Remuneration: An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate based to qualifications and experience.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
All Applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.