Quantity Surveyor (Civil Engineer or Architect) New 13 views
VITAEL CYPRUS LTD, is looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor with an Architectural/Civil background, to become part of our offices in Cyprus, in Limassol.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Preparation of cost estimates for construction projects and preparation of Bid Documents
- Determining project costs by calculating labor, material, and related costs.
Secondary Job Responsibilities:
- Supervising construction projects, to ensure compliance with engineering designs and documents and confirming specifications.
- Confirming adherence to construction specifications and safety standards by monitoring project progress, inspecting construction site, and verifying calculations and placements.
- Validating design issues related to Architectural/Civil works and suggest alternative solutions.
- Fulfilling project requirements by guiding operators.
- Maintaining operations by enforcing project and operational policies and procedures.
- Complying with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; and advising management on needed actions.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Directing, monitoring and controlling the activities of Architectural/Civil Subcontractors, according to the candidate’s background.
- Liaison with Consultant supervisory Engineers, Inspectors and relevant staff.
- Ensuring that Subcontractors provide and adhere to relevant Quality documentation/records.
- Ensure that Subcontractors adhere to Project safety regulations.
- Maintaining project database by entering data, and completing backups.
- Assist in the testing and commissioning of equipment.
- CAD and AutoCAD proficiency
- Excellent Command of English both written and spoken
- Tender Preparation Skills
- Design skills
- Site Development and Coordination skills
- Organization and Planning skills
- Problem solving
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture/Civil engineering
- 5 to 10 years of experience