Larnaka 2030 – European Capital of Culture- Candidate City – Call for the appointment of an Executive Director 120 views
The Organisation for the European Capital of Culture – Larnaka 2030 (under incorporation) is seeking to recruit a qualified applicant for the position of Executive Director for the Larnaka 2030 candidature, with broad experience in the field of project management, the arts and international networking capacities. Applicants are expected to have a physical presence in Larnaka.
The Organisation for the European Capital of Culture- Larnaka 2030 (under incorporation) aims to develop and establish the programming strategy of the Larnaka 2030 bid (pre-selection and final) while taking into account the European Commission’s criteria emphasising European co-operation, interdisciplinarity (i.e. collaborations between different cultural forms), citizen’s involvement and inclusion as well as the sustainability of the candidature and its projects with attention to the effectiveness of its delivery schemes.
More specifically, the successful candidate will be expected:
- To manage and develop the Organisation during the bid preparation securing diverse contributions and support from professional artists and scientists, cultural and research institutions, universities, citizen creators and volunteers, media companies, businesses, local and national authorities.
- To be responsible for the establishment and management of the preparation of the bid in all administrative, legal and personnel matters, including the recruitment of the appropriate management and other personnel required.
- To be responsible for the successful development of the new infrastructure for cultural events and create a sustainability plan so that they can have the necessary resources to remain active after the completion of the cultural capital period.
- To represent the Organisation in local and national networks and effectively communicate the Organisation’s vision while sustaining its distinctive high profile nationally and internationally.
- To have full business management responsibility, including financial planning, budgeting, controlling and financial optimisation as well as the acquisition and management of third-party funds and sponsorships.
- To develop detailed projects based on European cultural co-operation and produce briefing papers and research notes as required.
- To seek out and develop new strategic partnerships and collaborations.
- To lead and support the Organisation’s personnel, while maintaining a strong team ethos and a creative and collaborative culture.
- To support the Board of Directors in fulfiiling its duties and responsibilities in ensuring effective goverance of the Organisation and provide management information in order to enable the effective risk management, financial stability and implementation of policies across the Organisation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Deep understanding of the approach, concept and objectives of the European Capital of Culture candidature.
- At least 10 years’ proven experience of project management experience and successful leadership and experience of working with EU institutions, local authorities, foundations and other international projects.
- Proven ability of contributing to the audience development for at least one cultural sector.
- Proven experience in the development and implementation of strategies.
- Proven track record in fundraising and writing successful grand proposals and experience in establish and handling budgets.
- Proven track record of creating a framework of collaboration between various public, private and non-profit organisations.
- Extensive experience of working or collaborating with non-profit and cultural organisations.
- A solid understanding on how the arts and creative industry function in a contemporary environment.
- Experience in team management and coordination.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills, including excellent writing and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of the English language. Proficient use of the Greek language will be considered as an advantage.
- Computer literacy
Terms of Appointment:
Contract Duration: Fixed Term contract until January 2024 with the possibility of an extension, depending on the outcome of the Larnaka 2030 proposal submission.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate, depending on qualifications and experience.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to provide the following by email to email@example.com (Position Reference Executive Director-Larnaka 2030), no later than 20/06/2022:
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- A letter of motivation addressing the ways in which the candidate’s experience matches the above job description and required qualifications (3 A4 pages maximum)
- Contact details of at least two referees that can provide reference letters
Only applications that fulfil the above criteria will be considered. All applications will be treated in strict confidence.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.