Head of History Department 14 views
Head of History from September 2023
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Relevant Degree
- Holder of a PGCE would be preferred
- Excellent subject knowledge and experience in teaching KS3 – 5
- A minimum of 5 years teaching experience of the current (I)GCSE / GCE syllabus
- Teaching experience in a similar School would be considered an advantage
- Excellent spoken and written command of the English Language
- Experience of having designed, implemented and evaluated effective, imaginative and stimulating Schemes of Work
- Experience of improving the quality of teaching and learning through the development of schemes of work and high quality resources
- Experience of interpreting complex student data to drive lesson planning and student progress
- Excellent understanding of both subject and general teaching pedagogy
The right candidate should:
- Work within the established policies and procedures of the school along with set deadlines
- Adhere to the School Action Plan and work towards its successful implementation
- Work with the members to management the day-to-day running but also the long-term vision of the department
- Join committees or groups dedicated to the improvement and development of the school in line with the school’s ethos
- Uphold the school’s reputation within the local community and international ratings
The English School is seeking to appoint an inspiring and enthusiastic Head of History Department. The successful candidate must be an exceptional teacher with the ability to lead and develop the department. Applicants should be passionate about teaching History, with experience in teaching at KS3, (I)GCSE and A Level History. High standards in examination results and an individualised approach to pupil progress are essential.
The History department is a vital part of school life, with a high uptake at (I)GCSE and A level. Examination results at (I)GCSE, AS and A level are outstanding. The Head of Department will have responsibility for the smooth running of the department as well as for innovation and development. The Head of History will manage the department’s resources and equipment and the successful candidate will work closely with the Assistant Head/Line Manager of the Department to ensure that every aspect of the delivery of the History curriculum is of the highest quality.
The Department works closely with a range of other departments to offer a strong extra-curricular programme and to enhance pupil experience. The successful candidate will be required to maintain and enhance the very high standards of pupil support offered at (I)GCSE, AS and A level.
Full details of the post can be downloaded from the School’s website: www.englishschool.ac.cy
Completed applications and a letter of application ONLY to be submitted electronically via the employment online form, which can be found on the School’s website.
For any queries please contact the Human Resources Manager on 22 799 515.
Closing date for completed applications to reach the School by 12.00 noon, Friday, 24th March 2023.
Note: The English School, Nicosia is committed to the safeguarding and protection of children and young people. Any offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate criminal records checks. Questions regarding safeguarding of children will be asked during the interview.
Any canvassing will disqualify