Telecommunications Engineer – VOIP 89 views
Job responsibilities include:
- Telecommunications engineer
- PBX configurations and SIP knowledge
- Linux will be considered an advantage
- Avaya systems experience will be considered an advantage
- Understands how telecommunications systems – including voice and data – work and are integrated
If you are interested in this offer, please send us your CV at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provides evaluation, engineering, standards compliance, provisioning, install planning, and implementation of projects (e.g. new site, build-out activities as well as system upgrades) and/or operational practices.
- Provides design requirements and configuration of new and/or upgraded telecommunications hardware and software.
- Coordinates the installation of hardware, Operating System, applications software, and peripherals as required.
- Participates in projects and meetings concerning the physical placement and installation of telecommunication solutions.
- Provides project implementation schedules and monitors activities and escalates issues within the vendor support channel and/or senior management as necessary.
- Creates documentation as needed in the support of ongoing maintenance, and usage of voice service equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Services and/or Telecommunications, or a minimum 3 years equivalent experience.
- Will be considered as an advantage
Complexity of Work:
- Individuals must be able to work in an evolving, fast paced and challenging work environment.
- Experience with VoIP enabled PBX products that support over 100 stations. Examples include Cisco, Avaya, or ALE PBXs.
- Experience with linux based systems is highly preferred.
- Ability to perform work in the office, remote and or on site.
- Ability to travel throughout the customers’ locations.
- Ability to operate a computer and other office equipment.
- Ability to communicate and exchange accurate information.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follow standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.