Purchasing Officer (Home Appliances) (5846) 44 views
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, one of Cyprus’ most well-known and respected distributors of technology-related products to consumers across the Island, we are seeking to recruit a Purchasing Officer (Home Appliances) to be based in their Nicosia headquarters. The successful applicant will primarily be responsible for negotiating with both Local and International suppliers for the purchase of small home appliances, including some energy-related products at the most competitive possible prices. You will also be responsible for monitoring stock levels of these products, ensuring ongoing levels of stock are maintained through pro-active supply chain management. You will hold previous experience in purchasing and will possess excellent communication and negotiation skills. Fluency in Greek is essential as well as a reasonable level of English.
- Communicate with existing and potential vendors/suppliers.
- Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers.
- Negotiate contract terms and pricing of small home appliances and related products.
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery.
- Review quality of purchased products.
- Enter order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases.
- Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices.
- Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses.
- Monitor stock levels and place orders as needed.
- Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage.
- Any relevant academic background related to Electrical Engineer and/or Supply Chain Management is desirable, but not essential.
- 1+ years of previous purchasing experience is essential.
- Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors).
- Any previous experience with the purchasing of home appliances will be considered a significant advantage.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills are a must.
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office especially MS Excel.
- Fluency in Greek (Written & Spoken) is a must; a reasonable level of English is also required.