Junior Accountant – One of the largest privately-owned shipping groups in the world – Limassol, Cyprus 14 views
Our Client, one of the largest privately-owned shipping groups in the world, is looking to recruit a Junior Accountant for their Holding Company’s offices in Limassol.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all related accounting functions required to maintain the general ledger in compliance with IFRS and Company’s policies and procedures
- Coordinate month-end and year-end closing activities to ensure timely reporting
- Review financial records, contracts, and other documentation to determine accuracy and completeness of data and finally record them in the accounting software
- Prepare various reports on company’s performance and results by extracting information from the accounting system
- To be involved in various accounting software projects for improvements in the treasury module
- Request and book invoices relevant to vessels’ hire from third parties
- Prepare weekly budgets for requesting funds needed to cover expected expenses/loan instalments
- Payment requests preparation on the accounting software
- Prepare bank reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Participate in other accounting related duties
- Protects organization value by keeping information confidential
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with the local team and the team located in Geneva
Skills/ Qualifications/ Experience:
- University degree in the field of accounting.
- Partly qualified as ACA/ACCA/CPA will be considered as an advantage.
- 1 year of experience, preferrably in the shipping industry.
- Ability to perform successfully under pressure and deadlines
- Strong computer literacy
- Excellent knowledge of English language
The position is for the Holding Company’s offices in Limassol, Cyprus.
A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate according to the qualifications and experience.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE