Finance and Administration Officer 53 views
Position title: Finance and Administration Officer
Duty station: SeeD Headquarters, Nicosia, Cyprus
Reports to: Project Office Manager; Head of Operations
Contract modality: Consultancy services agreement (self-employed)
Fees: 1,400 – 1,800 EUR per month (full-time monthly rate) depending on qualifications and experience.
Contract duration: 12 months, subject to extension; the 12-month contract includes a trial period of 4 months.
Start date: 1st October 2022, desired starting date
Level of engagement: Equivalent to full-time (40 hours / week)
Deadline for applications: 29th July 2022
The Centre for Sustainable Peace and Democratic Development (SeeD) works with international development organisations, governments and civil society leaders to design and implement people-centered and evidence-based strategies for promoting peaceful, inclusive and resilient societies. Working in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia, we provide social transformation policy recommendations that are rooted in citizen engagement strategies and an empirical understanding of the behaviours of individuals, groups and communities. More information about SeeD can be found at: www.seedsofpeace.eu.
We are currently looking for a passionate and self-motivated Finance and Administration Officer to join our finance and administration team that covers a broad range of functions including bookkeeping, accounting, payroll, cash management, administration, and procurement. The role of the Finance and Administration Officer will include responsibilities in support of all these functions. SeeD will provide ongoing training and support, to ensure the gradual and timely growth and development of the successful candidate that will benefit both the individual and the team.
The successful candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate strong attention to detail, efficient implementation of repeatable daily routines, solid numerical skills, and proficiency in working with information systems and software. Ultimately, The Finance & Administration Officer will play a pivotal role in implementing sound accounting practices and generating dependable financial data.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the general ledger and proper books of account as required by the relevant legislation and in accordance with applicable international standards and principles.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of bank and other cash accounts and analysis of receipts and payments, where applicable
- Ensure that all financial information is recorded in a complete, accurate and timely manner
- Perform reconciliations with customers, suppliers and other business counterparties
- Act as the in-house accounting focal point to support the collaboration with external Accountants in Belgium and Cyprus on a day-to-day basis.
- Assist the preparation and timely submission of relevant annual accounts, statements, income or tax returns for corresponding authorities and bodies in Belgium and in Cyprus, in coordination with external Accountants.
- Support the preparation of periodic management accounts and other reports in accordance with management requests.
- Support project-specific financial audit or spot-check process as needed.
- Assist annual audit engagements in Cyprus and Belgium to ensure a smooth, efficient audit process
- Act as in-house payroll focal point to support the collaboration with external Payroll service providers in Cyprus on a day-to-day basis.
- Assist the processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, taxes, and other deductions.
- Support the accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Support the preparation and maintenance of accurate records and reports regarding usage of paid or unpaid absence, including annual leave, illness, and other time-off.
- Maintain in-house records of all payroll documentation and transactions and issue reports based on the needs of the organization.
- Support the processing of payments through the bank accounts of SeeD (online and / or offline).
- Provide to banking institutions transaction-specific supporting documentation and information in the context of ongoing business relationships and know-your-transaction (KYT) compliance.
- In the context of know-your-client (KYC) compliance, provide client profile updates, documentation and information to banking institutions.
- Manage a petty cash fund as needed for the office in Cyprus.
- Assist in facilitating the smooth flowing of routine, administrative work with due care for all applicable rules and regulations.
- Coordinate and support the implementation of periodic physical checks of fixed assets and special value items of the Nicosia office.
- Support the provision of logistical support and services by collecting quotations and bids for approved purchase requests.
- Coordinate the provision of office supplies and other daily consumable needs of the Nicosia
- Handle all electronic and hard copy filing of any kind of financial, accounting, payroll, banking, administrative, logistical and procurement documentation.
- Respond to institutional communications to SeeD (phone, email, etc.).
- Other responsibilities as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Degree / diploma in Accounting, Finance, Business, Management, or another related field.
- Solid numerical and analytical skills and strong sense of attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Greek, both verbally and in writing
- Solid working knowledge of common software programs (e.g., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe etc.)
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Strong sense of responsibility and thoroughness
- Strong commitment to peace, sustainable development and the principles of SeeD
- Good working knowledge of accounting software (preferably QuickBooks)
- Skills, training or experience related to the duties and responsibilities described above.
- Skills, training or experience related to financial, project, operational and strategic planning.
- Knowledge of French, Turkish or other languages
- Previous experience in donor funded programmes and NGO work
Terms of Engagement:
The position is envisioned to be equivalent to full-time (40 hours per week), working from the SeeD office in Nicosia. Depending on qualifications, expertise and years of experience, monthly fees can range from 1,400 EUR to 1,800 EUR. The initial 12-month contract is subject to extension, and it includes a trial period of 4 months. The intended starting date is 01st October 2022. The contract modality will be a consulting service contract (self-employed).
- Please go to the following Google form where you will be able to (a) upload your CV, and (b) respond to a few questions regarding the position and yourself. (Requires a Google account)
For the application to be considered this step needs to be completed by 29th July 2022, 17:00pm (GMT+2)
- Upon evaluation of CVs and responses, short-listed candidates will be invited for interview and competency test.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for interviews and the competency test will be contacted.