DevOpes Engineer – Banking Institution – Nicosia, Cyprus 10 views
On behalf of our Client, a Banking Institution in Nicosia, we are looking for highly motivated engineers to join its new technology team with a passion for deploying robust, scalable & extendible software for the position of DevOpes Engineer.
The Dev Ops Engineer will be responsible for collaboratively defining, building & maintaining our deployment pipeline and software environments. Responsibilities will include assessing cloud-based and on-prem options and driving each forward accordingly. The person will also be responsible for driving production readiness of our platform including setting up mechanisms for raising alerts, analyzing logs and health monitoring. The role will require close collaboration with the software engineers and network/infrastructure teams to define the most effective way to integrate our new platform with the existing infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with development team to develop automated CI/CD pipelines striving for continuous delivery and ensuring all code and security checks are in place
- Collaborate with System Administrators and Security Administrators to deliver secure cloud solutions and workloads by evaluating both cloud-based and on prem options
- Work on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Maintain Infrastructure as Code for the development teams’ applications
- Manage our production estate & ensure appropriate alerting & health monitoring is in place
- Create, manage and maintain multiple environments to support the development teams’ initiatives
- Identify and explore new technologies by building PoCs where necessary
Skills/ Qualifications/ Experience:
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Computer Science or in a related field
- Exposure to cloud providers (e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as GitLab, Circle CI, Azure DevOps, GitHub Actions
- Experience with containers e.g., Docker, Container Registries
- Experience with container orchestration platforms – preferably Kubernetes & Helm
- Knowledge of Git
- Experience in deploying publicly facing applications such as web and mobile Applications through automated pipelines
- Experience in Mobile SDLC and Mobile App Distribution Consoles
- Experience in package managers such as Maven, NPM, NuGet
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Experience with Application Performance Monitoring, Log Aggregation and Alerting Tools
- Experience in implementing and maintaining DevSecOps pipelines using CSA, SAST, DAST
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Strong understanding of design/architecture
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Attentive to detail, methodical, diligent
The position is for the Client’s offices in Nicosia, Cyprus.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate based to qualifications and experience.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE