Compliance and AML officer – A licensed AIFM Company – Nicosia, Cyprus 3 views
A client of ours that is a licensed AIFM company incorporated under the laws of the Republic of Cyprus and authorized by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission is looking to recruit a Compliance and AML officer to join its team in Nicosia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Board of Directors and the main duties and responsibilities include, amongst other of:
- Reviewing, updating, and designing the Firm’s policies, procedures and AML Manual.
- Conducting periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures are followed.
- Providing assistance to internal or external auditors in compliance reviews.
- Preparing and submitting the annual AMLCO report.
- Developing, reviewing, and monitoring the clients’ Acceptance Policy.
- Providing support and guidance to the departments of the Firm in relation to various regulatory matters.
- Providing assistance to management for any ad-hoc regulatory requirements.
- Ensuring compliance with Cyprus laws, regulations and directives issued by CySEC as well as rules issued by the EU.
- Tracking regulatory changes and ensure that needed changes are implemented in a timely manner.
- Developing or assisting in developing, and enforcing adequate policies and procedures in order to meet the compliance requirements of CySEC and other Regulators.
- Implementing the company’s Compliance Monitoring Program.
- Ensuring that company’s employees attend training sessions in compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Providing advice and guidance to company’s employees on compliance related matters.
- Ensuring that the company complies with its continuous obligations to CySEC.
- Assisting regulatory bodies in performing inspections of the company’s activities.
- Continuously improving the existing control procedures.
- Reviewing the company’s marketing communication and examining whether it has been prepared in accordance with legal requirements and provide recommendations where applicable.
- Advising and assisting employees responsible for carrying out investment services and activities to comply with company’s obligations under the Law and relevant directives.
- Providing an annual written report to the Board of Directors on matters of his/her responsibility.
- Monitoring complaints-handling process.
Skills/ Qualifications / Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters degree.
- At least 2 years of relevant working experience in a similar role.
- CySEC Advanced Certificate holder.
- CySEC AML Certificate will be considered an advantage.
- Relevant experience with CySEC reporting.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong sense of professionalism and integrity.
- Excellent command of the Greek and English languages, both verbal and written.
- Excellent Computer literacy (Microsoft Office applications).
The position is for the Client’s offices in Nicosia, Cyprus.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate based on qualifications and experience.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE