Associate-Financial Control – An organization that acquires, develops and operates hotels in Europe – Nicosia, Cyprus 20 views
Our client, an organization headquartered in Nicosia, that acquires, develops and operates hotels in Europe is seeking to fulfill the position of Associate-Financial Control.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the preparation of payments and the verification of supporting documentation, ensuring proper approvals
- Ensure the proper filing and documentation of financial documents
- Liaise with lawyers, bankers, and other external parties for matters pertaining to opening bank accounts, certificates’ preparation, etc.
- Collaborate with accounting teams across multiple cities to ensure the accuracy and timely reporting of financial records
- Cooperate efficiently with all relevant departments to provide their invoices and all the contracts on time
- Maintain a complete set of books, prepare journals and post entries, keep records of accounts and verify procedures used for recording financial transactions
- Process bank cash receipts and allocate them to invoices
- Reconcile bank accounts and assist in all the month-end and year-end closing procedures
3. Financial Reporting
- Maintain various analyses required for financial reporting such as flow of funds schedule, intragroup loan schedules, etc.
- As required, generate financial reports and statements, including balance sheets & income statements
- Maintain cash reports and support budgeting and forecasting activities for all the companies of the group
- Assist in coordinating and preparing for external audits and regulatory examinations.
- Support other ad-hoc reporting requirements
4. Taxation and Strategy
- Oversee tax compliance efforts, including the preparation and submission of tax returns, ensuring accuracy, and meeting filing deadlines across multiple cities
- Assist in the preparation of documentation of the organisation’s tax strategy and policies
- Ensure that intercompany transactions adhere to transfer pricing regulations and align with the company’s overall tax strategy
- Conduct research on tax laws and regulations to stay updated on changes
Skills/ Qualifications/ Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance, economics, or another related field
- ACCA/ACA Qualified or Part Qualified is not a prerequisite
- Strong computer skills with strengths in Microsoft Office products. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel/Word is essential
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to analyse data and identify discrepancies.
- Well-organised and able to prioritise and comply with deadlines.
- Professional fluency in English, both written and oral.
- Proactive attitude and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Location: The position is for the Company’s headquarters in Nicosia, Cyprus
Remuneration: An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate based to qualifications and experience.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE