Accounting Associate 10 views
The Accounting Associate is responsible for performing the day to day book-keeping for each client with careful monitoring of supportive documentation for every business transaction. He/she is responsible for preparing month-end management accounts, budgets and liaising with auditors regarding audit and tax computations. In addition, he /she will assist with the opening of client bank accounts and banking transactions thereafter.
- Perform General Bookkeeping using ESoft Accounting Software, prepare management accounts and budgets;
- Maintain Corporate, Invoice and Agreements Registers, as well as Administration files (both in hard copy and electronic form);
- Perform reconciliations and preparation of all necessary reports that are due for month end deadlines, along with additional deadlines that may be scheduled;
- Prepare Provisional Tax Assessments, Corporate Income Tax Self-Assessment Estimations and payments, quarterly VAT Returns, monthly VIES Returns, Bi-annual Special Defence Contribution Assessments and assistance on Tax and VAT Audits with General Audit assistance as and when required;
- Liaise with various Internal Departments, External Auditors, Clients and the Local Registrar of Companies, VAT, TAX and other Authorities;
- Prepare and submit chargeable work to Billing Department for issuance of Invoices on a monthly basis;
- Assist with the opening of Bank Accounts by completing the necessary Bank forms, creation of Bank Account and details therein, Bank Movement Register and updating of applicable software, including I-Spiral (training will be provided);
- Perform the Clients ‘Bank Transfers and Maintain the Clients’ Bank Registers;
- Other ad hoc requirements.
Education / Experience
- University Degree in Finance or related field as well as ACCA or ACA qualified or partly-qualified;
- Minimum of 3 years financial management experience in a similar role, within the Professional Services Industry and / or Financial Services Industry;
- Knowledge of E-Soft Accounting Software and I-Spiral will be an advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Analytical and financial management skills with focus on accuracy;
- Organizational, administration and time management skills;
- A self-motivated individual able to work independently and within a team;
- Ability to work under pressure with attention to detail;
- IT literate with good knowledge of E-Soft, I-Spiral and MS Office applications;
- Fluency in English is required, knowledge of Greek and/or Russian would be an advantage.
What we offer
- An attractive salary based on your experience and skills;
- Thirteenth salary (entitlement of the thirteenth salary is upon successful completion of the initial six month probation period);
- Life Insurance and Medical Insurance (entitlement to these schemes is upon successful completion of the initial six month probation period);
- A professional working environment.
To apply for this position, please forward your CV and covering letter to:
Mrs. Helen Mylonas
Tel: 22 418 888
The closing date for applications will be Friday 14th October 2022 at 5.30pm.