VESSEL-CARGO OPERATOR 25 views
Based in Nicosia, Cyprus since 2004, we are looking for a candidate with 3-5 years shipping experience for the following position:
VESSEL – CARGO OPERATOR
The Career Opportunity
We require a motivated individual with a high degree of commitment, strong work ethic, and organisational skills with an ability to be flexible relating to the execution of their duties.
- Has more than 3 years’ relevant experience in an operations department gained in a trading company, an industrial company, broking or ship owners / operators.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the European short sea trades.
- Dynamic and ambitious team player with proven track record in post fixture of a dry cargo-chartering firm.
- Possession of a sound understanding of technical, nautical and vessel operational issues.
- Able to work independently and comfortable taking commercial decisions within given parameters and authority.
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills. English language proficiency is essential and additional languages would be considered an advantage.
- Ability to use initiative and problem solving with a strong work ethic.
- Post-fixture operations and voyage planning striving to optimise highest voyage efficiency.
- Financial control (timely issuance and collection of freight invoices, demurrages, etc).
- Issuing voyage instructions to captains, instructions to agents, notices of vessels’ arrival, laytime calculations, voyage-monitoring including manage cost efficient bunkering plan.
- Appoint and liaise with charterers, port agents, Owners to ensure smooth operational turnaround. Review and approve port agents’ pro forma and / or final disbursements as required.
- Managing the timely preparation and accuracy of cargo documents (Bills of Lading / Manifests, Letters of Protest, Letters of Indemnity).
- Ensuring compliance with charter party terms.
- Responsible for coordination and follow up between captains, ship owners, agents and stevedores in loading and discharging ports.
- Monitor vessels’ efficiency / performance and keep daily contact with technical team and captains.
- Be up-to-date with company’s reporting system, maintain close communication with relevant departments, and handle month end closing.
- As and when required, support and cover other team members’ operational activities.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant.
To apply, send your full resume by email, to Spanaco Shipping Services Ltd, Cyprus. This should be received by Friday 24th June at the latest
Grayoak House, 9 Tagmatarchou Pouliou Street, 1101 Ayios Andreas, Nicosia, Cyprus