Payroll Officer (5827) 15 views
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an established and expanding International Group of Companies, we are seeking to recruit a Payroll Officer to join their team based in Limassol. The successful applicant will work closely with the HR Department to collect and maintain key employee data to ensure accuracy of payroll data and calculations. You will hold approximately 2+ years of experience in a relevant Payroll focused position and will have a solid understanding of local payroll standards here in Cyprus. Any experience with international payroll will be considered advantageous, but not essential. Excellent communication skills in English are a must.
- Collaborate with the HR department to collect and maintain employee data.
- Gather employees’ reimbursement requests upon approval to be included to the payroll calculations.
- Confirm accuracy of payroll data provided based on employment documents and company’s payroll guidelines in different jurisdictions.
- Insert employee data and monthly payroll data in payroll software and calculate monthly payroll.
- Prepare monthly payroll reports for review.
- Prepare payroll payment files.
- Resolve employee queries regarding payslips and other payroll issues.
- Prepare payroll journals to be posted to the accounting software.
- Issue tax forms and related documentation.
- Process social insurance payments.
- Provide recommendations to improve current payroll processes.
- Reporting to the Global Payroll Specialist, the role of the Payroll Officer is to ensure payroll is calculated accurately and timely on a monthly basis.
- Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Finance.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar or related position.
- Understanding of Cyprus payroll standards and procedures is essential, knowledge of International standards would be considered an advantage.
- Computer literacy and confidence using Excel sheets.
- Fluency in English.
- Self-motivation and management skills to meet deadlines.
- Initiative and ambition to develop professionally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and strong numeracy skills.
- Working knowledge of payroll software.
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel to different studios/locations.