Manager Treasury & Correspondent Banking – Banking Institution – Nicosia, Cyprus 18 views
On behalf of our Client, a Banking Institution in Nicosia, we are looking to recruit a Manager Treasury & Correspondent Banking.
The Manager Treasury & Correspondent Banking will be responsible for managing and overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Treasury & Correspondent Banking Department, having overall responsibility for liquidity, cash flow and exposure management, as well as establishing and maintaining relationships with correspondent banks and other counterparties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Having a primary role in developing the Bank’s Liquidity Management Policy, in cooperation with Asset Liability Committee (ALCO) members
- Having responsibility for the development/review/presenting of materials to ALCO, with the objective of ensuring the effective analysis and prudent monitoring of exposures/risks arising from the Bank’s balance sheet structure and off balance sheet items (e.g. credit risk, interest rate risk, liquidity risk and currency risk)
- Having overall responsibility for the intraday monitoring of liquidity and foreign exchange position
- Ensuring timely submissions of regulatory and ad hoc reports that fall under the responsibly of the Treasury
- Monitoring the proper execution of treasury transactions, e.g. FX, MM, Derivative Fixed Income, and ETFs.
- Having responsibility for the active management of liquid funds, in line with relevant policies and ALCO decisions
- Actively participating in ALCO Committee meetings, by submitting relevant reports, and updating other participants on the Bank’s position and market developments
- Having overall responsibility for the identification and hedging of exposures arising from daily customer transaction flows and implementing relevant hedging strategies where deemed appropriate
- Monitoring currency positions on an ongoing basis, ensuring the execution of FX spot and forward transactions to hedge currency exposures where deemed appropriate
- Monitoring the Bank’s financial position and submitting recommendations to management to initiate and/or support strategic decision-making
- Establishing and developing sustainable relationships with correspondent banks, custodians, counterparties and brokers, so as to ensure proactive and comprehensive coverage
- Negotiating agreements with counterparties (e.g. ISDA Master Agreements and Credit Support Annex (CSA) agreements)
- Taking a leading role in Deposit products pricing with consideration to liquidity levels, liquidity costs/yields and competitive forces.
- Defining clear personal objectives, in line with the Bank’s strategy and departmental objectives
- Overseeing and ensuring adherence to local and international regulatory requirements
- Ensuring the timely reporting of any discrepancies/cases of non-compliance to the appropriate individual (e.g. to the Compliance Manager/Money Laundering Compliance Officer, Information Security Officer, Head of Risk Management Function, HR Manager, etc.)
- Representing the Bank at the Association of Cyprus Banks, by participating in relevant committees
- Undertaking any other duties and projects as assigned by senior management
Skills/ Qualifications/ Experience:
- University Degree in Finance, Economics or any other related discipline
- Master’s Degree in Finance, Economics, or any other related discipline
- Holder of a Professional Qualification such as Certified Financial Analyst (CFA) is considered an advantage
- Holder of the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) certifications on Financial Services Legal Framework (Advanced)
- At least 10 years of relevant professional experience
- Excellent knowledge of Greek and English languages, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of Bloomberg system and Flexcube banking software
- Computer literacy, with sound knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of treasury middle office system, financial markets and instruments (incl. derivatives, bonds and foreign exchange) and about relevant local and international regulatory requirements (e.g. on liquidity, capital requirements, risk management, compliance and anti-money laundering)
The position is for our Client’s offices in Nicosia, Cyprus
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate based to qualifications and experience.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE