Accounting Officer (5897) 18 views
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an expanding Group of Investment Firms with offices in Limassol, we are seeking to recruit an Accounting Officer to join their team. The successful applicant will work as part of a busy Finance Team, assisting with the maintenance of accounting records for various entities within the Group as well as assisting with the preparation of monthly Management Accounts. You will ideally hold a relevant academic background relating to Accounting/Finance/Economics or a related field and should possess a minimum of 1+ year of accounting and finance experience, within the Forex or Financial Services sectors.
- Daily reconciliation of bank accounts, both corporate and client accounts.
- Daily reconciliation of PSP transactions with the trading system.
- Client transactions/trading book to be posted in the accounting system.
- Process any other daily reconciliations as required.
- Process supplier payments and maintain supplier ledger & reconcile to supplier statements.
- Assist with month end procedures.
- Generation of Trial Balances and monthly management accounts for review with relevant schedules for reference and breakdowns.
- Substantiating the monthly balance sheet.
- Providing input for commentary on the Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss statements.
- Maintain supplier ledger and ensure all payments are executed in a timely manner.
- Act as point of call for departments querying the payment of invoices.
- Daily reporting preparation & supervision.
- Review the banks and PSP reconciliations.
- Assist with adhoc reporting requirements, which may arise from time to time.
- Assisting with the annual audit for the financial statements to be submitted within the deadline.
- Ensuring that all relevant internal and external deadlines are met.
- Ideally educated to degree level in Accounting/Finance/Economics or a related field.
- Any relevant accounting qualification such as the LCCI Higher or CAT will be considered an advantage.
- A minimum of 1+ year of relevant Accounting & Finance experience is essential within the Forex and/or Financial Services sectors.
- Works well as part of a team in a pressurized and multi-tasking environment.
- Able to identify weaknesses in system and address these.
- Quick learner.
- Proficiencies in Excel.
- Good communication skills in English are a must.
- Highly numeric with excellent attention to detail.